04 Apr Landgate: VOI Practice
On 2 January 2013 full compliance with the Western Australian Registrar and Commissioner of Titles Joint Practice: Verification of Identity (“VOI Practice”) is expected for all specified documents lodged at Landgate. The VOI Practice applies to the parties specified and to these document types:
- Transfer of Land;
- Request for Duplicate Certificate of Title;
- Application for Replacement or Lost Duplicate Certificate of Title;
- Transmission Application;
- Survivorship Application; and
- Power of Attorney (except those made under the Guardianship and Administration Act 1990 (WA)).
When a natural person is executing a document on behalf of a company or other incorporated/statutory body, the conveyancer/lawyer/mortgagee must satisfy themselves as a reasonable person that:
- the body exists at the time of execution; and
- the signatory is a current officer of the body and has proper authority.
Please contact us for any further information on these or other current issues.