Hunt & Humphry advises clients in proceedings in all courts and tribunals, and appearing in Australia’s Federal Court, the Supreme Court of Western Australia, the National Native Title Tribunal, the Warden’s Court and other courts and tribunals. The team is presently acting for clients in over 60 Warden’s Court matters and 10 Federal Court native title matters.
Recent relevant matters include:
- Over 60 Western Australian Warden’s Court matters acting for a range of resource, petroleum and other proponents including Brockman Resources Pty Ltd.
- Over 10 Western Australian Federal Court native title claims acting for a range of mining, petroleum, pastoral, port authorities, fishing and pearling respondents.
- Acting for a variety of grantee parties and native title parties in relation to National Native Title Tribunal future act proceedings
- Acting for a number of mining and other proponents in a Supreme Court proceedings
- Legal adviser to one of the liquidators in The Bell Group litigation
- Solicitors for Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd in the Warden’s Court decision FMG Chichester Pty Ltd v Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd and Roy Hill Iron Ore Pty Ltd  WAMW 13 in which the Warden upheld Hancock’s objection to the grant a miscellaneous licence over existing project exploration licences and mining leases.